We provide custom, flexible programming to meet the needs of our groups.
We have had the opportunity to offer the following workshops, and are always open to learning and facilitating other styles of interest to the groups we partner with.
- “Zero Waste” using natural paints and materials
- Upcycled materials
- Mixed Media
- Video Production
- Basic machine sewing, hand sewing and textile art
- Health and Wellness, such as Yoga
- Entrepreneurship & Art Mentorship / E-Commerce (how to sell your art online)
How long do the programs last?
Our programming is based on budget, both ours and our partner organizations. Typically, we provide a 12 week art workshop, once a week for 2 hours.
However, in the past, we have provided a few hours, 1-2 days, a weekend or six weeks.
Due to COVID-19, all in-person programming is cancelled.
What do we provide?
Our organization aims to:
- provide free 12 weeks of art workshops
- provide guidance from our professional A.R.T. Educator(s)
- provide healthy snacks and beverages during each workshop
- provide all art supplies for the participants
- provide the opportunity to collaborate with other artists, youth or organizations
- provide the opportunity for youth to sell or showcase their art work
- provide the opportunity for a youth to be an A.R.T. Assistant with compensation
Why is this so important?
- Art promotes self-confidence, builds communication and problem-solving skills
- Art provides a way for youth to express themselves and can be an outlet for mental health
- Youth show a stronger overall academic performance
- It helps youth transition into adulthood
- The arts contribute to creating healthy and supportive communities for youth
- Youth learn to feel connected, capable, courageous and made to feel like they countSource: Canada Council for the Arts: Impact of Arts on Canadian Life
What Our Partners Say
We can’t wait to have you all back! The kids loved it.Roberts Smart Centre
It’s more than art class, it’s a chance for our participants to connect and socialize with their friends.Ability First Ottawa
Can you be the one to teach art all the time? The youth were so engaged!CHEO YouthNet